Click a photo!

2022 Municipal Election

Updated: Aug 09 22
 Created: Apr 27 22

Unofficial List of Candidates 2022

Click Here to view the Unofficial List of Candidates

So You Want to Run for Council!! Click here to find out more information about the roles and responsibilities of Council.

Nomination for Office

Call for Nominations - Renfrew County Catholic School Board

Call for Nominations - Renfrew County District School Board

Nomination Paper - Form 1

**Please Note** In 2017 the Province of Ontario passed legislation to amend the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. One of the changes was that, for the 2018 municipal election a candidate would require 25 signatures to endorse their Nomination Form. In April 2018, the Province of Ontario amended this legislation to exclude municipalities with under 4000 electors, therefore, candidates for municipal council in Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards do not require this endorsement.
Nomination Forms can be filed at the township office from May 2, 2022 to August 18, 2022 during regular office hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm), and on Nomination Day (August 19, 2022) from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.

By-Law 10 - 2022 Authorizing Mail-In Voting

Click Here to ensure you are on the voters' list for the 2022 municipal elections!!

Candidates' Guide

Voters' Guide

Third Party Advertisers Guide

Click Here to read about the rules guiding the 2022 municipal council and school board elections. (Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing)

Township of Killaloe Hagarty and Richards Ward Map

County of Renfrew Sign By-Law

Municipal Elections Act, 1996


A Candidate must be a resident of the municipality or a non-resident owner or tenant of land in the municipality or the spouse of such non-resident owner or tenant;

  • a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old;
  • not legally prohibited from voting; and not disqualified by any legislation from holding municipal office.
  • You must pay a fee of $100 for a Councillor and $200 for Mayor.


Anyone can vote in a municipal election who, on the day of the election, is:
  • 18 years of age or older
  • a Canadian citizen; and
  • either a resident of the municipality or a property owner or tenant or the spouse or same sex partner of an owner or tenant in the municipality during a specified time just before the election.
Your name must be on the voters’ list in order for you to cast a ballot.

The voters’ list is prepared in several steps:
A preliminary list is created by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) based on data it keeps on home ownership and tenancy. The preliminary list is sent to the municipal clerk after a by-election has been called or in advance of a regular election which occurs every 4 years. The clerk can correct any errors on the list, and the corrected list then becomes the voters’ list.
If you are not on the voters’ list, or if your information is incorrect (for example, you have moved and may be listed at a former address), you may apply to have your name added or your information corrected. This may be done until the close of voting on voting day in a regular election or by-election. You may have your name added to the voters’ list at the voting place. You may be asked to show identification to establish that you are eligible to vote. For more information about getting on the voters’ list, you should contact your municipal clerk.